With over 20 departments providing a diverse array of services, Eau Claire County offers a unique variety of internship opportunities across a number of fields of study for students to enhance their academic learning with real world knowledge. In some situations, an internship can be developed collaboratively with the department for a more specialized experience. Through internship placements, students receive valuable training while providing public service to the community. Typically, internship opportunities at Eau Claire County are unpaid.
Who is eligible for internship placements?
Please note: Eau Claire County cannot guarantee placement in an internship. A criminal and/or caregiver's background check may be required for some placements.
- Applicants enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college/university with one to two years of coursework completed.
- Applicants earning credit at a vocational school or program, college or university for the internship.
- Applicants completing graduate-level or practicum requirements (credit or non credit).
- Undergraduate and graduate students can be considered.
- Most internships are UNPAID and ALL are non-benefit earning.
- Shifts may include evening, weekend, and/or holiday hours.
- Work hours are negotiated between the intern and the employer but are generally flexible with the student's schedule. Some college programs require a minimum amount of hours in a semester in order to earn college credits. Please see your academic advisor or internship coordinator at your school for more information about internship requirements.
Eau Claire County, WI - 7 months ago