The Interpreter provides "Extraordinary Care" to patients, and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional service. The Interpreter provides both verbal and written language interpretation for patients, families, and staff.
The Interpreter has many important responsibilities including:
- Providing complete and accurate interpretation for patients, families and staff in order to facilitate communication and decision making through informed consent
- Translating approved written material
- Demonstrating cultural sensitivity and interpreting objectively to ensure an accurate exchange of information
Completing these duties provides the Interpreter an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many on a daily basis.
- Assisting patients, families, guests and facility/hospital staff in understanding provided services. Recognizes and troubleshoots patient/guest problems and requests, including external and internal phone calls
- Keeps timely, accurate records of all interpretation encounters
- May provide training/supervision to qualified volunteer interpreters
Entry Rate: 12.67
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: This position is PRN/On-Call with no guaranteed hours.
Department: Interpreting - McKay-Dee Hospital
- Must demonstrate a high level of fluency in English and Spanish.
- Must demonstrate the ability to accurately and objectively interpret medical conversations and to translate written materials in to Spanish and English.
- Must complete medical interpretation qualification within six months of hire
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of medical terminology in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to travel between Intermountain facilities
- Hearing/Listening, Speaking
- Medical background or experience
- Completion of medical terminology course
- Previous interpreter experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...