Reports to the Site Manager. The Interpreter is responsible for providing support, direction and information to clients/patients of limited English-proficiency so that they will be afforded equal access to the services provided at LCHC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide for an effective exchange of information between providers, support staff and patients while services are being provided.
2. Translate written material into Spanish or English
3. Communicate effectively, accurately and impartially both receptive and expressive within the understanding of patients and staff.
4. Maintain patient/employee confidentiality.
5. Interact with co-workers in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
6. Works to ensure that the Department is operating effectively and efficiently, consistent with the Health Center's mission, which would produce high quality services.
7. Ensures compliance with standards, laws and regulations as promulgated by regulatory and accrediting organizations such as: BPHC, JCAHO, CLIA, OSHA, and State and Federal Governments, etc.
8. Responsible for performing other duties as required assisting LCHC in achieving its mission.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Must be fluent and proficient in Spanish and English (speaking and writing)
2. Must have effective communication and listening skills.
3. Requires experience and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
4. Requires some computer skills (Windows preferred) and telephone experience preferred.
5. Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission of the Lawndale Christian Health Center.
6. Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
7. Ability to organize, solve problems and handle multiple tasks at once.
8. Ability to work under stress in a high-pressure atmosphere.
9. Must possess the physical stamina necessary to stand and walk most of the day
10. Excellent guest relations skills
Required Knowledge, Experience or Licensure/Registration
High School Diploma or equivalent, or the ability to demonstrate competency in job performance