St. Cloud Technical and Community College seeks a Invasive Cardiovascular Technology instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical and Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach a wide range of Invasive Cardiovascular Technology courses across the curriculum.
- Assign, supervise, and assess students in the lab and clinical settings (may be at non-traditional times and days)
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment
- Design and revise curriculum and produce other instructional materials
- Participate as a faculty member in college committees and activities
- Assist in course scheduling and inter-program collaboration.
Must meet minimum qualifications for faculty credentialing in Cardiovascular Technology (please refer to the MNSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/ )
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Cardiovascular Technologist credentialed by Cardiovascular Credentialing Institute (C.C.I.)
Occupational Experience Requirement
- 4000 hours experience assisting a physician in a cardiovascular setting as listed below.
- Minimum of five of the following: Assisting physician during cardiovascular procedures or special procedures, performing computerized data collection such as hemodynamics during cardiac procedures, responsibility for care of all equipment and instrumentation in the cath lab, recording of patient charges, experience using pacemakers and intra-aortic balloon pump, interpreting valve defects via value calculations by use of planimentery, setting up and using power injectors and x-ray equipment.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification, Cardiovascular Credentialing Institute (C.C.I.) for Cardiovascular Technologists, credentialed by RCIS or RCES
- Cardiovascular Technologist credentialed by RCIS or RCES
- Experience care of all equipment and instrumentation in the electrophysiology lab
- Experience using cardiac ablaitions
- Teaching and/or managerial experience
Submit your online application and supporting information to: http://www.sctcc.edu/human-resources/job-openings . A cover letter that addresses how previous experience can be used to accomplish the position requirements, resume, references, and transcript copies will be required as part of the application process. Review of resumes will begin March 12, 2013. Position will remain open until filled. A screening committee interview, including a teaching demonstration will be required.
St. Cloud Technical & Community College - 18 months ago