This position will be responsible for inventory management and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the warehouse including ensuring compliance with safety regulations, supervise and schedule warehouse workers and make recommendations for improved efficiency. Successful candidates will have at least 5-10 years experience within a warehouse, strong leadership and managerial skills, knowledge of inventory parts management, the ability to motivate and lead a team of warehouse personnel and be computer literate.
- Auditing current inventory and centralizing names and item numbers of inventory
- Ensuring that inventory counts and locations are correct
- Analyzing inventory aging and proposing adjustments in inventory counts
- Creating regular inventory reports to identify items that are overstocked or understocked
- Working with other departments within the company to ensure a smooth inventory flow
- Being the “go-to” person for any inventory issues or discrepancies
- Ensuring accurate, timely and effective processing of inbound and outbound materials, shipments, and requests
- Directing department work flow to ensure effective and efficient flow of material through the warehouse
- Managing warehouse employee schedules, attendance, discipline, and rewards
- Maintaining an “audit ready” department
- Ensuring accuracy and traceability of all department paperwork, including all shipping documents
- Training employees on department functions as well as coaching on roles and responsibilities
- Maintaining a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Maintaining the security of the warehouse and company products
- Conducting operations in a manner which promotes safety, and complying with OSHA and MSDS Standards
- Overseeing, developing, and conducting regular safety trainings
- Stocking and storing supplies and equipment
- Maintaining a positive work environment
- Acting as a player/coach, working alongside other warehouse employees
- Establishing group and individual accountabilities
- Engaging and motivating employees to create a positive working environment
- Encouraging use of new technologies and focus on fact-based problem solving
- Handling the more complex shipping functions including
- Providing hands-on international shipping for the company
- Completing all customs documentation for international shipments, ensuring that exported shipments conform to governmental rules and regulations
- Calculating tariffs, duties, and foreign currency conversions for international shipments
- Training employees on international shipping
- Creating shipping labels through both FedEx, UPS websites and other vendor websites
- Learning and working with internal company software systems
- Performing other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Advanced project/process management skills
- Strong computer skills and must have a working knowledge and strong proficiency of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- The ability to make decisions, problem solver, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing warehouse environment
- Effective communication skills – ability to manage difficult situations, responding to requests for assistance and ability to meet commitments.
- An eagerness for acquiring new knowledge
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Warehouse Management or other related degree preferred
- Inventory management experience in computerized inventory systems preferred
- 5-10 years experience in related positions
- REQUIRED: Proven experience with successfully shipping packages to multiple international destinations
- Experience in speaking another language is a plus
FLSA Exemption: Executive
- Organizing and coordinating information and deadlines
- Creating written communication
- Frequent computer and telephone use
- Attendance during core business hours
- Concentrating for long periods of time
- Performing repetitive movements, such as lifting, pushing, reaching
- Standing for long periods of time
- Walking frequently
- Lifting up to 75 pounds
Primary duty of this position is the performance of work requiring managing a recognized department, customarily directing the work of at least two or more full-time employees, and having the ability to recommend hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status which is given particular weight.
Email resume with salary requirements to email@example.com . Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small, fast-growing provider of consulting, training, and software products for the public safety market. Priority Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc.
Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) provides comprehensive, integrated solutions for Police, Fire and Medical emergency dispatching. We incorporate the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch approved Priority Dispatch System® in all our products. PDC offers multi-agency emergency dispatching ProQA® Software, as well as a card-set version, AQUA® quality improvement software, training, consulting, and Academy accreditation support.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Click here to view the Federal EEO poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Priority Dispatch Corp. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Priority Dispatch Corp. is a unique research company. While several have attempted to provide products and training for emergency calltaking...