Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
We are in the process of building a world class Accounting and Finance organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking accounting and finance professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for an Inventory Accountant that will be an integral part of the Accounting Operations team and will be responsible for accurate reporting of inventory and vendor subsidies. The position will record financial entries and analyze subsidy and inventory activity through ad-hoc reporting. Additionally, the position is also responsible for working closely with the Merchandising team to maximize subsidy income and SOX compliance.
· Prepare monthly schedules and account reconciliations.
· Record financial entries and oversees collections for annual vendor subsidies.
· Performs financial reporting and analysis for inventory and vendor subsidies.
· Ensures all subsidy contracts meet established guidelines.
· Review merchandise receipts for accuracy.
· Works closely with the Merchandising team to drive high levels of vendor participation and maximize subsidy income.
· Maintains the department database for vendor subsidies.
· Support the reporting requirements for annual Marketing Alliance Program and How-To-Fairs.
· Assists with inventory, sales, and gross margin analysis and the booking of related journal entries.
· Assist with physical inventory planning and reconciliation.
· Perform ad-hoc reporting for inventory and subsidies.
· Analyze and report on aged receivables and debit balances.
· Maintain a high level of SOX compliance and prepares schedules for the external auditors.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
· Knowledge about financial processes and general accounting principles
· Passion for data manipulation and uncanny ability to see beyond the numbers
· Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and Access
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Abilities and Competencies
· Ability to manage effectively in a changing environment
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a business partner
· Hunger for learning and growth
· High Energy
Orchard Supply Hardware - 13 months ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...