Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data. Employee is responsible for SABIC Americas’ inventory & cost accounting, reconciling ledgers, journal entries, period-end close, financial analysis and reporting, and audits.
• Reconcile swap transactions and inventory managed by third-parties; Calculates overhead and reserves.
• Ensures accuracy of inventory costing by monitoring purchase price variances, stock location transactions and most recent purchase price inputs.
• Monitor SBU cost of sales (direct & indirect) for accuracy. Ensures pre- and post-close communication of issues/results to Houston-based SBU and EB&S teams.
• Account analysis and managerial reporting that may include P&Ls, cost center or KPI reporting.
• Coordinates account reconciliation data, conducts complex account reconciliations and completes audit requests.
• Performs SAP material ledger period-end close; Assist with management of general ledger.
• Degree in Finance or Accounting related field
• Minimum of 2-5 years experience in accounting, inventory costing, period end close
• Demonstrated analytical capability and ability to communicate with non-Finance stakeholders
• SAP experience or demonstrated experience mastering multiple ERP systems
• Excel (ie. advanced formulas)