The Digital Inventory Analyst for the ESPN Asset Management group will primarily focus on overseeing all inventory aspects of WatchESPN. Those responsibilities will include forecasting site traffic, managing ad inventory levels, assisting in campaign optimization, and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and members of the Sales team. Requirements for the position include experience forecasting online advertising media or experience in a comparable analytics role. The candidate must have expertise manipulating, analyzing and reporting on large data sets using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools. Qualified candidate must be able to deliver on multiple projects over multiple timelines with flawless customer–centric focus. The candidate will demonstrate a combination of business and technical skills with proven written, verbal and analytical communication skills required.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Forecast Inventory, Site traffic trend analysis, develop capacity models
- Day to day management of WatchESPN inventory
- Assess and communicate advertising opportunities and risks
- Daily communication via email and phone with Sales staff
- Contribute to decision making of site ad serving structure
- Communication of inventory landscape to business unit stakeholders
- Management of business rules to adjust inventory projections and delivery
- Develop and maintain metrics for inventory forecast models
- Develop documentation on inventory and ad serving concepts
- A minimum of 2 years of experience forecasting online advertising media or experience in a comparable analytics role.
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and reporting results in a clear and effective manner.
- Expert Excel user
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
In order to be successful in a position of this scope and breadth, a candidate will need to possess the following skills:
- Develop detailed knowledge of Sales process and Online Advertising
- Working knowledge of advertising industry.
- The ability to present and report on historical and current state of Digital Sales
- Expert analytical skills, the ability to derive conclusions without a complete data set
- Present ideas
- Top organizational skills, able to prioritize multiple projects
- Work in an unstructured environment, managing multiple projects at one time
- Expert written and verbal communications skills
- Self-initiated and self-motivated, driving projects to completion
- Employ a high level of energy and initiative to explore, conceptualize and implement new reports
- Familiarity with online advertising management systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...