Warrenville Role synopsis BP is establishing a Business Service Center (BSC) in the Chicago area which will provide Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to all R&M businesses in the Americas. The main goal of the BSC is to deliver value added services and process transformation that meets the needs of the businesses while reducing the cost base of these services. In addition, the Global BSC structure will be part of an integrated network of Business Service Centers to support SPU operations globally, providing cost optimization and process standardization, through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies. The BSC is a dynamic, performance-driven organization that deeply values its customers and its people. Its goals center on process efficiency, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and loyalty. Essential competencies are: customer focus, process and continuous improvement, teamwork & organizational impact and change engagement.
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for the reconciliation of refined products inventory for Refining & Marketing business units. This includes a monthly reconciliation of exchanges, 3rd party terminals, pipelines, in transit bulk locations, and all related fees. In addition, the analyst is responsible for the resolution of outstanding reconciliation issues. The Inventory Analyst works closely with Marketing Supply Negotiators, Balance Analysts, Product Schedulers, Settlement Analysts and Transaction Control staff. There is also regular interaction with other BU's such as Global Oil, Fuels and Air BP; and significant interaction with 3rd party partners. Key accountabilities • Reconciliation of exchange, truck, and bulk activity
BP has established a Business Service Center (BSC) in the Chicago area which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to all R&M businesses in the Americas. This BSC is part of an integrated network of Business Service Centers to support SPU (strategic performance unit) operations globally, providing cost optimization and process standardization, through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies. The BSC is a dynamic, performance-driven organization that deeply values its customers and its people, and seeks continuous improvement in all it does. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Refining & Marketing Removal Date 20-Dec-2012
- Research and resolution of exchange and physical inventory imbalances
- Research and resolution of exchange and terminalling fee differences
- Identification and resolution of root cause errors
- Creation and maintenance of desk procedures
- Identification and resolution of internal control gaps
- Facilitation and maintenance of internal and external business relationships Essential Education • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Essential experience and job requirements • Ability to meet month-end close and other deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Other essential skills and knowledge Good organizational skills - attention to detail
- Bias for action underpinned by a strong work ethic, teamwork and proven track record of value added. Desirable criteria & qualifications General accounting experience
- Experience with financial or logistical reconciliations
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAP
- Exposure to the Product Supply Business
- Familiarity with payables and receivables Relocation available No Travel required Yes - up to 10% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...