As an Inventory Analyst, you will be responsible to deliver analytical insight which will optimize sales forecasting and inventory management for a key category of business. This role, in conjunction with the Buying team, manages key vendor partnerships and supply chain operations to drive the overall sales, profitability and customer experience goals of the brand. Strong analytical and collaborative skills are required to drive decisions and results for the business.
- Responsible for product and family level forecast accuracy through the research and analysis of past sales and trends as well as the maintenance of selected methodologies, business strategies, key events, seasonal profiles and sku allocations.
- Drive collaborative analysis and management of the family level forecasts, driven by trend analytics and gap reconciliation to plans to ensure clear and accurate representation of the planning horizon.
- Lead the analysis, reconciliation, and execution of inventory strategies and tactics to meet the corporate goals for fill rate, turnover, obsolescence, freight expense and aged inventory through collaboration with key partners in Inventory, Fulfillment, Merchandising and Vendors.
- Optimize sku life cycle management through initial and subsequent recommendations for retail price mark-downs, product category status and the optimization of end-of-life cycle management.
- Work proactively in the identification and resolution of backorder and the communication of substitutions and cross-sells that are appropriate to the specific brands within Bluestem.
- Partner internally with the Merchandising team and Fulfillment Operations to facilitate operational corrective actions which support attainment of the corporate inventory, customer service and profitability objectives.
- Deliver forecasting scenarios and recommendations into the Merchandising promotional planning process to drive sales, enhance profitability and optimize inventory condition.
- Provide analytical support, productivity measurements and insights for optimization of assortments in cross-functional collaboration and support to the Merchants team.
- Identify supply chain opportunities to improve turnover, service and total landed cost for your business.
- Excellent analytical skills, prior experience preferred with advanced demand planning systems, database queries, pivot tables and qualitative reporting
- A self starter with excellent communication, planning, and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 4 year college degree; 2-4 years relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in a Direct Marketing / Retail Planning environment preferred
Bluestem Brands, Inc. - 16 months ago
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...