The Inventory Analyst is responsible for supporting Mopar - the Parts, Service and Customer Care organization within Chrysler Group LLC. This role is responsible for compiling weekly, monthly and annual inventory performance reports in addition to responsibilities surrounding proactive analysis and projects for global inventory productivity. The position requires collaboration with multiple departments and groups within the organization to obtain information which will assist in understanding and analyzing global inventory, developing forecasts, and developing action plans for minimizing inventory while maximizing material availability.
The Inventory Analyst will prepare and distribute weekly, monthly and annual inventory performance reports. Develop current reporting system to streamline and eliminate non-value added tasks. Identify excess and obsolete parts for scrap or other disposition options. Work closely with all departments and groups that impact inventory accuracy to determine root cause for inventory inaccuracies. Devise and implement corrective actions for issues uncovered during root cause analysis of inventory inaccuracies. Analyze trends for material movements over time including receipts, issues, consumptions and scrap to determine areas of inaccuracy and proper stock levels.
The Inventory Analyst will process inventory transactions as required to ensure inventory accuracy. Gather supporting information by collaborating with various groups such as Finance, Quality, International Forecasting, Domestic Forecasting, Purchasing, Marketing, Operations, and Third Party Partners. Maintain strong knowledge on strategic and operational plans that impact global inventory. Analyze and understand historical, current and future inventory transactions and positions. Attend to continuous process improvement initiatives and contribute to plant World Class Logistic vision, goals and projects.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3+ years of supply chain experience in a distribution-based environment
- A minimum of 2+ years' experience using MS Access in a data mining and analytical capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- APICS, CPIM or CSCP Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or similarly focused major
- Proficiency in EasyTrieve is preferred
Chrysler - 2 years ago