Inventory Cost Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing the SCBU inventory costing function including the development and documentation of standard costs for product and maintenance parts. Additional responsibilities will include the development of overhead allocation methodologies and the coordination of the annual standard cost build-ups. Also responsible for interacting with both internal and external auditors for all cost related observations and inventory cost related inquiries.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has three direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for management of the inventory costing function for the Specialty Coffee Business Unit
- Responsible for developing implementing standard processes and procedures for inventory costing in a multi-site organization
- Coordinates annual standard cost updates including the development of overhead allocation methodology that best matches and allocates support costs to products
- Develops new product and maintenance inventory standards in line with company policy and GAAP
- Work with all site specific inventory costing stakeholders on initiatives and acts as a communication liaison between Finance, Information Technology, Internal Auditing, and Operations to resolve issues that arise
- Coordinate the implementation and testing of ERP system related process improvements and reports as well as any new systems needed to manage inventory costing activities
- Manage implementation and documentation of internal controls under the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Responsible for developing standard processes to generate ad-hoc standard product costs for new or existing products
- Implement procedures to enhance inventory costing teams’ performance and to pro-actively suggest process changes to inventory and maintenance parts stakeholders to improve cost accountability and efficiency
- Serve as subject matter expert for super users on the inventory sub-ledger and financial accounting systems.
- Support the development of a strong internal control environment for inventory costing control
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Principles, policies and applicable laws
- Accountable for communication, interviewing and hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, leveraging team and individual strengths, managing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems to ensure high performance results
- Reports the monthly overhead utilization and the impact of production volume and mix on financial results
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the department/team and creating a positive climate where people want to do their best.
- Review and where necessary follow-up on weekly purchase price variance reporting
- Act as team leader on special projects as needed
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department
- Performs other duties as requested by management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Information Technology or related field required.
- Seven plus years of inventory costing or inventory control management as well as inventory accounting related experience required; Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant accreditation preferred.
- Strong system knowledge required, PeopleSoft or other ERP system expertise preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and awareness of importance in work integrity
- Ability to operate at a detail level but also maintain visibility to “big picture”
- Previous experience working on mergers and acquisitions’ teams and understanding of international accounting standards preferred.
- Ability to manage the work of others, communicate with a variety of stakeholders, be a team player, and be self-motivated. Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, computer, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required and travel occasionally.
- Familiarity with process improvement (Lean or Six Sigma) techniques preferred.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 3 years ago - save job
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...