The Inventory Associate plays an important role in the store; he or she works with the management team to oversee the day-to-day inventory operations of a retail store. Conducts weekly cycle counts, annual physical inventory, re-stocks merchandise being sold off the floor, or that has been newly received, throughout the day; maintains highly organized stock at all times, checks in shipment immediately upon being received, ships out transfers, customer orders, and returns to the distribution center in an organized and timely manner. Provides support to sales associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise.
The ideal candidate would be someone whose primary focus is to sustain the high quality of our products by determining the best way to store each type of item. We are looking for someone self-motivated, highly organized with great attention to detail, and open-minded.
Duties and responsibilities:
While following all store Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and company policies, the Inventory Manager shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Inventory Storage:
- Determine the best way to store each product carried in the store to insure it remains in perfect condition
- Implement new ideas for utilizing storage space to meet the needs of the business
- Maintain stock organization by working with the store management team to properly train all staff on inventory storage
- Insure all merchandise in back stock has proper and up to date hang-tags that include correct pricing and product information
- Cycle Counts:
- Conduct weekly cycle counts to help maintain accurate inventory at all times and reduce shrink
- Respond immediately to questions that arise from discrepancies and investigate until a resolution is found
- Suggest products and categories to cycle count based on movement in the retail store
- Shipping and Receiving:
- Check in and put away all merchandise as soon as it is received
- Fill sales floor with any new/out of stock items that have been received in shipment
- Report any and all shipment discrepancies to store management team and distribution center management
- Send out customer orders in a timely and organized manner insuring the customer satisfaction to the highest standard
- Ship out any transfers or requested items in a timely and organized fashion insuring all product being shipped out will not be damaged in transit
- Physical Inventory:
- Organize and lead annual physical count of every item on-hand in the store
- Conduct any additional counts required to complete this count
- Other responsibilities:
- Restocking floor hourly to replenish items being sold
- Basic housecleaning
- Answer phone calls
- Security and loss prevention
- Attend staff meetings
- Great organization skills with a high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to become a team-oriented individual that fits in a collaborative fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines.
- Hands-on, self-motivated, results driven
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as an Inventory Manager or similar required, preferably in an apparel/watch/luxury store or boutique.
Note : Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Shinola - 8 months ago
Shinola is a dynamic and fast-moving startup, but with the resources of a well-established corporation. Because we’re a growing and...