This position maintains the University’s physical property and equipment inventory system. This position is responsible for receiving and processing new items of property and equipment into the inventory system that includes identifying, recording, decaling new capital items, retiring assets, taking scheduled and periodic inventories of existing property and equipment and searches for lost items. Work involves physical labor in performance of warehouse work to include: stocking shelves, loading and unloading, shipping and receiving, pick-up and delivery of supplies and materials on foot, by forklift and various other vehicles and machinery. This position is responsible for ensuring daily pick-up and deliveries. Assignments are received with general instructions from an administrative superior. Work is performed according to established university policy and procedures and is reviewed primarily through observation of results obtained.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with over 6,000 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
1. Receives new purchases and additions, assures that capital items are identified, decaled, proper forms and reports recorded in inventory system and conducts searches for lost items.
2. Receives and processes all Transfer of Property requests, State Surplus Property transfer forms, surplus sales invoices and Acceptance of Donated Property reports.
3. Takes physical inventories of University property and equipment and submits report of results to the Accounting Department to ensure the accuracy of financial records.
4. Assures total inventory for the University is completed every year and assures accurate monthly and conducts secondary bi-annual inventory.
5. May oversee, manage and work with delivery personnel to ensure university policies and procedures are followed.
6. Works with delivery personnel to ensure daily shipping, receiving, issue of materials, pick-up and delivery functions are completed and done in a timely and efficient manner including doing deliveries when needed.
7. Trains new and existing personnel in the proper use of equipment and machinery used to accomplish shipping, receiving, pick-up and delivery and warehouse functions.
8. Occasional mandatory overtime
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
High school graduate or equivalent and experience in capital inventory, warehouse operation, warehouse inventory, shipping, receiving and delivery work is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE , ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Inventory, data entry, shipping, receiving and package delivery experience required. The ability to climb ladders to access materials and supplies and to lift and move materials and supplies weighing up to 70 pounds unassisted is required. Ability to operate a forklift and other warehouse material moving equipment required. Current Georgia drivers license and the ability to drive a standard (manual) transmission vehicle.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to the required documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information: