Title: Inventory Clerk
% Travel: Zero
Weekly Hours: 7:00pm-3:30am Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Recommended Education: GED or High School Diploma
Recommended Experience: 1 year
Required Certifications: Will train
An Inventory Clerk compiles and maintains records of quantity and type of merchandise stocked in warehouse. Essential duties following; other duties may be assigned.
- Count merchandise in stock and posts totals to inventory records
- Compare inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory
- Verify clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies
- Generate reports such as inventory balance or shortages
- Prepare lists of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items
Constant- standing, walking and seeing, lifting, pushing, carrying, pulling and gripping of items weighing up to 60 lbs.
Frequent- bending, twisting and hearing
Occasional- feeling, reaching, stooping, climbing, balancing, lifting, pushing, carrying, driving sitting, handling paperwork, pulling and gripping items over 60 lbs.
Description of Work Environment
Temperature of Grocery warehouses can range from 50° to 80° Fahrenheit, a Perishable warehouse can range from 28° to 60° Fahrenheit, and a Freezer warehouse can range from -20° to -10° Fahrenheit. Steel toed shoes required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Communication Skills, Team Player, Attention to Detail, Organizational Skills, Adaptability, Problem Solving, Self-Driven
C&S Wholesale Grocers
- 2 years ago - save job