Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
San Jose, CA - The Inventory Control Clerk will be responsible for performing all aspects of Inventory Control. The incumbent will be responsible for accurate receipt of inventory, stocking, pick/pack, data transactions for JD Edwards orders, Datasweep, chemicals, and tools/Jigs inventory. He/She will support and participate in all S5 activities to maintain a clean, organized, and efficient Department. Required work days/hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory locations in neat and orderly fashion.
- Replenish primary stock locations when empty.
- Pull all tools for calibration and deliver appropriately.
- Inspect all orders that are to be shipped from the department to ensure that they are accurate and complete; Verify labels for order.
- Assemble components.
- Deliver order request to production floor in immediate time frame or stages for delivery.
- Follow backorder process.
- Pull orders and pack into boxes with packing list.
- Run PKMS shipping program and assign shipping labels to orders.
- Complete ship confirm process for all orders daily.
- Pull orders based on oldest expiration dates.
- Re-pack chemicals from larger size containers to smaller containers as requested.
- Adhere to production order process, for the delivery and storage of chemicals on the production floor.
- Verify labels for order.
- Pull parts, apply label, or notate backorder to part requests.
- Complete stock/picks of waiting approval scopes.
- Expedite approved orders to production floor, and ensure timeliness of delivery.
- Monitor core units verification, stock, pick, and ensure system data accuracy.
- Launch build to stock orders (BTS) and ensure timeliness of delivery.
- Perform waiting approval and finished goods inventory verifications (cycle counts).
- Perform data entry duties to update Datasweep orders with consumption or backordering status.
- Input all data for the issuing of supplies.
- Update the various pages of the backorder report to remove parts issued and to add parts backordered.
- Maintain backorder logbook.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- A High School Diploma or equivalent knowledge is requried.
- A miminum of 1 year of related work experience in a warehouse environment is required.
- The ability to work as a team player is essential.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently push/pull up to 35 pounds.
- The following physical demands are required:
- Vision Requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hours a day
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day
- Operate moving vehicles
- The following work environment condition exists: