DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high-performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise.
We are currently seeking an Inventory Control Coordinator/Analyst in our Chatsworth, CA office.
This position will report to the Inventory Control Manager. The Inventory Control Coordinator/Analyst will be responsible for monitoring inventory levels, traceability, as well as identifying, classifying and finding root causes for inventory inaccuracies. The role will take ownership of providing feedback and possible solutions to the Manager to help in eliminating further discrepancies. This person will be oversee analysis for all raw material, components, semi and finished good part numbers in the Oracle ERP System.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory and processing cycle counts of parts and materials.
- Meet regularly with Finance and Operations to review inventory levels ensuring that DDN’s financial exposure is minimized.
- Responsible for identifying, resolving, and finding the root cause of discrepancies and other related inventory errors.
- Conduct regular component cycle counts and audits variances as required.
- Generates, maintains, and close all Shop Floor orders to ensure their accuracy.
- Recommends changes, resolutions or corrective actions that will eliminate or greatly reduce future inaccuracies from re-occurring.
- Recommends on a routine basis the sale or disposal of expired or discontinued goods.
- Perform inventory transactions and reporting on customer systems when required.
- Reports cycle count activity and issues to upper management to help maintain and improve inventory accuracy.
- Manages team of 2+ employees in stock room
- Implements policies & procedures to ensure inventories are being adequately controlled.
- Be able to interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
- Interface and communicate with sales, purchasing, planning, finance, manufacturing, QA and warehouse/logistics regarding action items and priorities.
DDN has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing inventory environment, i.e. bill of materials, cycle counting, and configure-to-order manufacturing process.
- Mathematical Abilities (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals as well as compute rates, ratios, and percentages).
- Problem-Solving Skills (able to solve problems, make logical decisions, and multi-task and maintain clear/accurate status to proactively address issues and minimize problems.)
- Able to read, interpret, and analyzes inventory, financial, and utilization reports.
- Experience using Oracle, preferred.
- Fluency in English.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
- Self-Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
- Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
- Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and DDN successes.
- Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance DDN’s brand.
To be considered for this position, please apply online at: www.ddn.com/careers
DataDirect Networks, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard