Ensures the integrity and reliability of the inventory status database and recommends effective physical stock keeping of production materials, enabling manufacturing to achieve the master production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Cultivates a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner such that good relationships are maintained with co-workers, management and customers.
2. Maintains valid, accurate and up-to-date data base information in assigned areas by utilizing cycle counts, system reports, queries, ECN’s and item masters.
3. Utilizes a thorough understanding of the company’s relational database as well as various analytical tools (i.e., queries, spreadsheets, etc.), to develop improved inventory management information, systems, and procedures.
4. Helps develop and communicate inventory management policies and procedures; educates & trains others as required.
5. Performs or coordinates various analytical studies of inventory performance (i.e., ABC, usage patterns, days of supply, excess and obsolete, etc.).
6. Assists in the planning, organization, and direction of the physical counting and data entry activities required for physical inventory.
7. Maintains knowledge and skills of current inventory management techniques, such as MRPII, JIT, KanBan, bar coding, etc., and effectively recommends new applications within Jayco.
8. Works with Shop Floor Personnel, Foreman, and Superintendent to resolve materials issues affecting the floor. Develops and maintains shop floor communication.
9. Works with other Material Management Personnel to more efficiently plan materials (box quantity, sequencing, etc.).
10. Processes paperwork as required to support the materials management function, including interplant materials transfers, RGR's.
11. Maintains the accuracy of the balance on hand records by properly recording material movement in and out of assigned storage locations.
12. Helps determine and maintain the proper amount and arrangement of facilities (floor space, racks, etc) required for efficient, orderly, and safe storage and usage of assigned items in assigned areas. Maintains location information on the system.
13. Assists in the implementation and maintenance of the Kan Ban system in assigned areas, including auditing procedures and training other department personnel as required.
14. Reports damaged or scrap and communicate as necessary.
15. Provides back-up coverage for other materials management personnel (during vacations, illness, times of heavy workload, etc.). May direct the activities of receivers/material handlers regarding proper movement or placement of assigned items.
16. Plans and executes the inventory control aspects of significant projects.
17. Performs other related tasks and/or special projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 3 to 5 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to 2 years of college. Requires knowledge of company products and manufacturing processes as well as an understanding of a closed-loop MRP system in a manufacturing environment, especially the functions of inventory control, cycle counting, and receiving. Experience with the AS400 system is an asset to this position, along with excellent problem solving, organization and communication skills. Good keyboard and math skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and good with queries and working through them. Completion of the MRP test and Inventory Management test toward certification strongly preferred. APICS certification a plus.
Jayco, Inc. Dept. HRW 2300-008 903 S. Main Street Middlebury, IN 46540 Fax: 574-825-6065
Jayco is the largest privately held manufacturer of recreational vehicles in the world. The company manufactures and markets RVs under the...