Summary: Under general supervision performs a variety of inventory movement transactions and time keeping transactions as they relate to the production and inventory control processes.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Ensure that computerized inventory systems are continuously maintained in an up-to-date and accurate manner.
2. Audit back flush locations and ensure they are accurate.
3. Enters timekeeping into Axapta and MOS tracking spreadsheets as needed.
4. Researches and resolves inventory process or costing errors (back flush, BOM/route configuration, outside services) through process re-engineering and cross functional training.
5. Recommends changes and improvements to overall efficiency of production and inventory reporting to include establishing procedures for new inventory control methods, reports, and explanation of related variances.
6. Verifies manufacturing computer software information, identifying problems pertaining to discrepancies in labeling or inventory control, communicates these issues to supervisor/shift lead.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: At least five months of recent related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and activities:
1. Working knowledge of computerized inventory.
2. Working knowledge of warehouse activities and inventory control.
3. Strong working knowledge of general office equipment including financial spreadsheet, data base, word processing and manufacturing applications on a microcomputer.
4. Knowledge of other departments functions and needs as it relates to inventory control.
5. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills, plus the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
6. Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis, etc.
7. Ability to exercise problem analysis and problem resolution.
8. Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
9. Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
10. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
12. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.