Reviews and monitors the timely confirmation and accuracy of inbound inventory, outbound shipments, and book adjustment transactions to ensure accurate inventory management records.
Detailed Job Description
- Reviews and monitors the timely confirmation and accuracy of inbound inventory, outbound shipments, and book adjustment transactions to ensure accurate inventory management records.
- Coordinates and performs the taking of physical inventories in accordance with the manufacturers’ requirements, investigates inventory variances; directs the performance of daily/weekly cycle accounts and adjusts inventory records if necessary.
- Coordinates delivery/pick up of materials from supply room, if exists.
- Coordinates the activities associated with product recalls upon request.
- Monitors the activities associated with customer return shipments including overages, shortages and damages; communicates concealed damages to manufacturer.
- Coordinates damaged and defective products, ensuring it is accounted for and properly handled by dumping, reconditioning, or returning to producing plant.
- Supervises all inventory control personnel, if any, to achieve objectives relating to inventory control management, provides communication and suggests inventory improvements to supervisor.
- Provides back up to purchasing agent, if necessary.
- Keys receipts of materials, if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Effectively communicate with associates and customers in person and via telephone, verbally and non-verbally to accomplish necessary objectives
- Effectively review performance of subordinates, if any, to ensure compliance to requirements.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- WMS Inventory Systems experience
- Ability to learn technical material to accomplish necessary objectives
- MS Office including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...