Inventory Specialist processes and manages all aspects of the spare part delivery and returns for Managed Services (MS) Dept. MS Dept. is involved in a large scale, high demand, installation and service support of visual systems. Technical field personnel frequently must exchange components and parts to fulfill Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Accuracy, efficiency, attention to detail, and knowledge of deployed systems are essential to be successful in this position.
- Communication with customers (internal or external)
- Process Part Requests timely and accurately.
- Verify all shipments are delivered as requested.
- Make decisions based on efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Track the return and receipt of all defective parts as per established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Work closely with Christie RMA department and MS shipping/receiving to resolve/complete Christie and Customer owned RMAs
- Knowledge of all applicable applications used by MS (AMDOCS, JDE, Microsoft Office applications, Internet.)
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, attendance, and punctuality.
- Follow all Department’s SOPs as established
** Working hours will fall between 6 AM and 10 PM and may include Saturdays and Sundays. **
- Communicate with internal or external customers to ensure proper processing of parts, including initiating RMAs with vendors
- Follow-up and resolve all delivery issues with carriers
- Ensure the accurate and timely receipt of spare parts in approved FSLs
- Use all available tools and information to make effective decisions
- Provide feedback of spare parts levels, unexpected spikes in usage, shipping costs, and outages.
- Process spare parts orders through FDX portal.
- Process all incoming part requests: data entry, inventory inquiries and sales/transfer orders creation within a very short and critical timeframe.
- Work in conjunction with MS shipping and receiving to insure all defective parts are identified, RMA’d with Vendors, and redeployed as needed
- Monitor the return of defective product and interact with internal or external customer to achieve 100% capture of outstanding defective product
- Solve all discrepant RMA’s without delays. Involve the field and administrative personnel as needed.
- Research and contact field personnel on all unidentified/discrepant Christie/Customer owned parts
- Effectively correspond with other internal departments such as Warehouse, Shipping, Accounting, Purchasing, etc.
- Provide internal customers with accurate answers to inquiries and follow-up until resolved
- Keep supervisor/manager updated on trends, occurrences, etc., that could affect our department’s performance.
- Work as a liaison between internal departments to propose processes that would improve service to our customers.
- Resolve customer issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction.
- Engage in MS Inventory and Logistics activities as assigned
- Prepare, review, and reconcile reports as assigned
- AS degree or Technical School diploma
- 2 years of inventory and/or RMA process experience
- Amdocs and JD Edwards systems experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in dealing with customers
- PC literacy above average
- Microsoft Office applications
Christie Digital - 20 months ago