Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at JMC Steel Group!
JMC Steel Group is seeking an Inventory Coordinator for our Wheatland facility, located in Warren, OH.
- Actively analyze and audit finished goods to maintain appropriate target levels and inventory turns for allocated and available stock
- Reduce the days of inventory by applying or consuming slow-moving or obsolete items from available stock to optimize work center capacities
- Monitor production schedules which are approaching the limit of the planned availability to determine how to open up further capacity to continue taking orders while staying on schedule
- Manage “last-minute” orders to allow for continuous order taking up to the time of mill production
- Track orders that were produced off the previous rolling cycles, which have not shipped by the time of the current rolling to determine causality, and coordinate an action plan with sales to reduce these instances on future rolling cycles
- Coordinate Outside Processing / 3PL (3 rd Party Logistics) for the US Structural Operations
- Manage the outside cutting process including quoting, scheduling, managing inventory, and expediting
- Coordinate miscellaneous outside processes (e.g. beveling, galvanizing, P&O, etc.)
- Schedule in-house cutting
- Coordinate intra/inter plant stock transfers
- Create Purchase Orders and Sales Orders for Inter plant orders
- Review, audit, control these inventories
- Create and maintain material masters, Finished Goods, BOMs, routings, and control recipes
- Back-up production scheduling of the mills and other work-centers
- Assist in the yearly physical inventories of raw material and finished goods
- Assist with other projects and analyses as needed
JMC Steel Group offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
- Minimum of a four year Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Supply Chain
- Minimum of two years of inventory, production planning/scheduling, expediting or related experience
- A strong team player is necessary with the ability to coordinate efforts of many individuals internal and external to the organization
- Sound decision making ability, computational, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access (preferred)
- SAP experience desired with PPDS/APO experience being a plus
- Legally eligible for employment in the United States
We are JMC Steel Group.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of JMC Steel Group and of our customers.
JMC Steel Group - 14 months ago