Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation’s quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
Primary responsibility is to maintain a balanced inventory between Systems Applications & Products (SAP) and actual physical inventory of raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods. SAP is “real-time” inventory and needs to be accurate at all times. Reconciliations are done on a daily basis to achieve perpetual balanced inventories.
- Perform raw and packaging physical inventories and reconcile to SAP daily. Thoroughly troubleshoot variances as needed to identify root causes.
- Analyze SAP data to identify trends and variations in material usage. Work with other Departments when applicable to understand these trends and implement corrective actions.
- Daily Process Order reconciliation - between SAP, Mini-Mint, and Excel Production Reports. Work with Production when discrepancies arise and make corrections ad needed.
- TECO (Technically Complete) process orders within SAP. Also review and clear COGIs, interim bin (i.e 900 series) balances, etc. as needed.
- Daily review of MEX-Vision report. Ensure all data is accurate and completed timely.
- Participate in Quarterly Physical Inventories.
- Perform daily finished goods inventories (Bakery and Biscuit) and report findings to Finance/Warehouse.
- Place non-conformance items on Blocked Status as dictated by Quality and/or Production teams.
- Identify cost savings opportuntiies. Investigate issues, interview those involved, collect data, and report findings.
- Validate, refine, and implement detailed procedures for gaps to current processes.
- Audit preparedness
- Adhere to all safety and quality guidelines as set by Local Management
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Specifications (Knowledge, skills & abilities)
- Perform daily raw, packaging, and finished goods inventories and reconcile physical counts to SAP.
- Determine Root Cause Analysis and troubleshoot significant inventory variances. Be able to clearly communicate variances, findings, and next steps to local management team.
- Manipulate data via Excel spreadsheets to analyze inventory trends and research issues.
- Calculate and reconcile figures between multiple sets of data and report out findings. Must possess strong math skills.
- Maintain documentation for audit purposes, as outlined by local plant management.
- Determine, submit and execute approved best course of action in a variety of situations that may impact inventory results.
- Associate Degree in business or technical curriculum preferred
- 3 years minimum transferrable/related experience to the accountabilities listed above required
- Computer proficiency is required as follows: Microsoft Office applications a must – particularly strong Excel skills are required; email software systems, and SAP preferred.
- Strong math, communication, and analytical skills with attention to detail a must.
Work divided between office, meeting rooms and plant environment. While in the plant, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, dust and noise. Employee must be keenly aware of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and comply to Safety Policies. Personal protection equipment must be worn while in the plant. May experience cold, hot and damp conditions.
Hours and Days
5 days per week, shift and hours to be determined. Schedule may be modified, as needed, to account for systems, down-time, back-up for other job functions, and special assignments, both scheduled and unscheduled, at the discretion of the Cost Accounting Manager.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 2 years ago
In 1937, Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker, began baking fresh bread for her allergy-afflicted son. She soon started a small...