Division: Production & Supply
Function: Corn & Soybean Production
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Inventory Distribution Manager -Supply Chain and Logistics
Job ID: 3883
- Accurate and timely management of the distribution process of products to customers and inter company transfers. Ensure product quality shipping to customers meets quality specifications and timeliness. Maintains a professional and courteous interaction with customers. Responsible for the dispatch of inventory obsolescence. Foster an operational culture founded on HSE, Quality, and process improvement.
- Assist Plant Manager if at Plant, or Regional Production Manager if at a Regional Outsource office, as required in areas of operations/production
- Coordinate and direct scheduling of needed inventory to facilitate the fulfillment of orders on a timely and efficient manor
- Coordinate the defaults, orders and interplant activity
- Coordinate incoming product through delivery confirmation and shipment priorities.
- Responsible for finished goods inventory accuracy and warehouse management at site(s) in adherence of company specifications.
- Oversees personnel, including contract labor, for warehousing and distribution activities
- Assist with operational and capital budgets for area of responsibility
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Quality Business Systems and processes, systems and programs for site operations
- Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE, quality, and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Active engagement in Syngenta’s Goal Zero initiative
- Assist in other areas of the office and/or plant as workload requires
- Cross-functional knowledge and participation in plant activities; e.g. conditioning, treating, packaging, rework, and others as assigned by plant management
- Understanding of seed labeling laws, seed certification laws and interstate shipment regulations
- Coordinate activities with N.A. Logistics Team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- BS in Agriculture or Business Management is preferred or equivalent work experience and knowledge considered
- Knowledge of general industry procedures, practices, and terminology
- Excellent communication skills
- PC and business software skills
- Strong agronomic and pest management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/situational needs
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
- Seed Production Management or Inventory/Distribution experience preferred
Critical technical, professional, & personal capabilities:
- Results oriented
- Customer oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Quality and HSE focused
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Sets Direction: Communicates with impact- Gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way.
- Drives Results: Focuses on customers - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Manages for performance - Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
- Liberate Potential: Collaborates across boundaries- Collaborates effectively across organizational and functional boundaries, and leverages diversity.
- Creates Edge: Leads change and holds ambiguity - Uses effective strategies to facilitate organizational change initiatives and overcomes resistance to change.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Manage scheduling, warehousing shipping timelines and Inventory accuracy
- Insure seed inventories meet demands in terms of quantity and quality
- Assist with the hiring, training and development of employees
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel = ~5%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Position may require working 7 days a week during critical times of year
- Position may require travel by car/pickup during certain periods of year
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Position may require being able to walk seed production fields in any weather
- Position requires be able to work in dusty, hot, and cold conditions
- Office environment a portion of the year
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Ensure in its respective area of responsibility and in close cooperation and alignment with Legal and Taxes and other expert functions, Syngenta's full compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory framework as well as Syngenta's own legal and ethical, HSE, Corporate Security, Risk Management and Corporate Governance standards.
Syngenta - 17 months ago