The Allocation Manager is responsible for driving sales and margin through creative and innovative inventory management strategies. This position reports into the Director of Inventory Management and has responsibility managing a team of three or more Distribution Analysts.
- Ensure successful execution of inventory management allocation strategies, processes, and priorities
- Optimizing financial performance across size, product classifications, and locations
- Manage in a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented team environment
- Support and develop a team of Distribution Analyst’s to ensure job satisfaction and retention
- BA/BS degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of related work/industry experience preferably in two or more related areas (retail planning, allocation, supply chain, etc.).
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Strong system skills (Excel, Access, Data warehouse); preferably with hands-on experience in JDA Allocation or related systems.
- Strong track record and interest in team performance through constant creation and sharing of best practices.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work proactively, independently and with a sense of urgency.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a can-do approach to create, maintain, and optimize allocation processes and Systems. S/he will be an active participant in seeking out solutions to new business challenges to identify and capitalize on new found business opportunities.
- The Allocation Manager will develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners- DC Operations, Logistics, Store Operations, Planning, Merchandising, Production, Visual Merchandising and other cross functional teams. This person will collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge, as well as manage and develop the allocation team.
The Children's Place - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of children’s merchandise in North America. The...