Department: Tinker Air Force Base DPIDOE
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number: AFMC-834580-799926-9V-SF
SALARY RANGE: $38790 to $50431/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, February 08, 2013 to Thursday, February 14, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-2010-07/07
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Tinker AFB, OK
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Veteran's Recruitment Appointment (VRA) Eligibles
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
Tinker Air Force Base plays a key role in managing and maintaining the sophisticated weapon systems that keep America's air defenses strong. A highly skilled workforce of more than 24,000 civilians and military personnel work together to complete the Air Force mission. Whatever your background or expertise, you will find rewarding career opportunities at Tinker.
This announcement is open to applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment to the GS-07 level using the appointment authority listed below:
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA): http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#vra
ONLY VETERANS RECRUITMENT APPOINTMENT (VRA) ELIGIBLES MAY APPLY.
YOU MUST MEET THE CRITERIA IDENTIFIED BELOW FOR APPOINTMENT.
The Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) is a special authority that provides maximum employment and job advancement opportunities within the federal government to eligible veterans who are qualified for such employment. VRA appointees are hired under excepted appointments to positions that are otherwise in the competitive service.
VRA ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Under the new law, the following veterans are eligible for a non-competitive VRA appointment:
1. Disabled veterans; OR
2. Veterans who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; OR
3. Veterans who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces Service Medal (AFSM) or Global War on Terrorism Service Medal (GWOT SM) was awarded; OR
4. Recently separated veterans. Recently separated veterans are defined as those who have separated from active service within the last three years.
NOTE: NEW APPOINTMENTS SHALL BE MADE AT THE MINIMUM RATE OF THE APPROPRIATE GRADE UNLESS REGULATORY GUIDANCE PERMITS OTHERWISE.
The full performance level: 11. Upon successful completion of training/development and job performance, the employee can be promoted (incrementally, if applicable) to the full performance level without further competition.
PCS (permanent Change of Station), Travel, and any other Transportation expenses incurred incident to assignment to this duty location are not authorized.
Inventory of eligibles will be terminated when vacancies are filled.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM U.S. CITIZENS (REGARDLESS OF RESIDENCE).
The primary purpose of this position is to provide item-level support to worldwide customers for an assigned complex group of items and sub-components to which commonly practiced methodologies may not always apply. Performs as an item and material manager for repair programs and provides guidance to other item and material managers. Incumbent plans and recommends acquisition actions, manages assets, reallocate/redistributes material, initiates repair, issues material for consumption, and reviews computations.
Candidates must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to federal service at the GS -05 (or equivalent grade level, pay schedule, pay band, etc.) or higher level. Specialized experience is defined as p erforming acquistion actions and managing assets to include retention, consumption and disposal.
The description of your work experience in your application ( resume with acceptable format ) must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the following knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position being filled:
· Knowledge of inventory management principles, procedures, techniques, and practices.
· Knowledge of logistics processes and ability to analyze, evaluate, and draw conclusions regarding organizations production requirements.
· Knowledge and ability in accessing/using data systems and computer-based management tools.
· Ability to communicate effectively to coordinate work or advise on projects.
Candidates must have one (1) full year of graduate level education OR Superior Academic Achievement, in a related field, from an accredited college or university. For more information on Superior Acedemic Achievement (SAA), refer to paragraph F at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/policy/ApplicationOfStds-04.asp
Education in excess of a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree (but less than 1 full year of graduate level education) in a related field from an accredited college or university, and some (but less than 1 full year) of specialized experience as described above.
NOTE: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet Federal qualification requirements if the applicant can show that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. Please cut and paste the following website link into your browser to access a Fact Sheet that provides additional information. http://www.tinker-af.org/jobs/docs/Foreign%20Education%20Eval%20Sheet.doc
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING
No written test is required. You will be rated on the detailed description and quality of your experience described in your resume in combination with your responses to the occupational questions for this vacancy.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc
Other Information regarding Citizenship, Priority Placement Registrants, Retired Civil Employees, Credit for Unpaid or Volunteer Experience, Veteran's Preference, Military Spouse Preference, and Certain Military Spouse Eligibility (E.O. 13473), etc. is available on our website at http://www.tinker-af.org/jobs/otherinfo.htm
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes all of the following steps:
1. A complete Occupational Questionnaire (if not completed online)
2. Your resume, containing each past Employer name, dates (Month/Day/Year) and hours worked per week, and a detailed description of job duties.
3. Additional Required Documents (such as college transcripts, proper documentation of veteran's status, etc) - A complete listing can be found under Required Documents.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on Thursday, February 14, 2013.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 834580. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
NOTE: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this OPM Form 1203-FX to provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
3. Fax the competed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) Eligibles: You MUST submit copies of all DD-214s or a Statement of Service, including proof of any other preference eligibility with your application/resume package.
· If claiming 10-point preference submit (1) legible copy of all DD214s which reflect all military discharges (type of separation and character of service) AND (2) completed and signed SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veteran Preference) AND (3) documentation described on the back of the SF-15 which proves that you are entitled to preference based on: compensable service-connected disability (i.e., 10% or more); or non-compensable service-connected disability, award of the Purple Heart, or receipt of nonservice-connected disability pension; or spouses or mothers eligibility based on 100% disability of the member, or is an un-remarried widow or widower of member killed on Active Duty.
· If claiming 5 point preference, applicants must submit a legible copy of all military discharge(s) (DD214) which reflect character of service from a period of active duty with the Armed Forces. (Applicants may receive tentative 5-point preference by documenting qualifying military service and/or receipt of qualifying campaign badges/medals in their resume or application if a DD214 is unavailable.
For a complete list of required documents, go to the website linked below. It is your responsibility to provide the appropriate documents needed to determine your eligibility and/or qualifications for this announcement. DO NOT provide letters of appreciation, copies of performance appraisals, position descriptions, etc.
NOTE: Should you have any questions about the application process, rather than inquire by e-mail you are encouraged to call and speak with a Human Resources Representative at the Civilian Employment Office at (405) 739-5088. Hours are 8:00-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. A review will be made of your online questionnaire ALONG WITH the documentation you submitted to support your responses. You will receive written notice that designates whether or not you are found to be eligible.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
4069 Hilltop Road