Airgas USA, LLC., a leading distributor of industrial, medical, & specialty gases & welding supplies, is seeking an experienced INVENTORY MANAGER to join our team in the SACRAMENTO AREA.
INVENTORY MANAGER - Sacramento Area, CA
Oversee all inventory functions for company. Manage and analyze distribution system. Implement changes and formulate new policies and procedures for the improvement of both systems.
- Conduct and coordinate physical inventories.
- Implement and oversee daily cycle counts.
- Research and solve inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain proper pricing of all hardgood inventory items,
- Achieve and maintain a clean database of inventory numbers.
- Perform daily inventory maintenance tasks such as inventory adjustments, part number set ups and part number changes.
- Prepare and distribute monthly inventory reports.
- Reduce non-stock inventory.
- Track consignment inventory to ensure proper payment.
- Measure and track possible cash discounts for comparison to cash discounts taken.
- Standardize entire distribution system throughout the company.
- Directly supervise the Central Distribution Center.
- Implement new policies and procedures to govern and control all distribution tasks to assist in achieving a more accurate and efficient inventory system.
- Establish and maintain an effective and cost efficient delivery service of hardgoods between branches.
- Conduct cost analysis of different aspects of the distribution system for more efficient operations.
- Provide appropriate distribution training for key distribution associates.
- Monitor and supervise entire returns program.
- Perform some buying duties.
- Assist Accounts Payable by investigating problems with invoices, correcting the problem, and approving the invoice for payment.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in a related field, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of inventory management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- PC proficient with Microsoft word and ability to work with new software packages.
- Basic knowledge of perpetual inventory tracking methods.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee’s own time.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
- Frequent sitting, bending up to 90%.
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug-free work environment.
Airgas Inc. - 20 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...