Amazon.com has a three-month contract for a Production Manager for the Amazon Publishing team. The Production Manager will help create digital versions of a large number of print books. The position will work closely with internal retail teams and external vendors to ensure a smooth production process. The Production Manager will own defining and implementing metrics to manage and report progress of the project. The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon’s cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel and must possess a strong bias for action and readiness for the following responsibilities:
- ability to track status of a large volume of titles
- understand the process used to convert print titles to digital.
- proactively communicate with all involved groups to create a conversion plan
- escalate any roadblocks to your list of partners.
The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
· 5+ years’ operations experience in publishing, printing or eCommerce with a focus on process development and improvement
· Experience managing multiple large volume, highly visible projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams; demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical concepts and communicate with technical teams.
· Familiarity with the recent trends in digital media conversion technologies and Print on Demand.
· Process improvement experience such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and/or Operational Excellence
Amazon.com - 18 months ago