This exciting position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing dealers and company assets to achieve maximum revenue and utilization while adhering to all cost saving objectives. This position also oversees the profitable and productive use of inventory within an assigned territory; utilize key business drivers such as revenue, revenue per unit, utilization, and transactions to position fleet for maximum return. In addition, schedule and prioritize daily runs to fulfill reservations, and communicate placement of reservations; leverage information systems to optimize maintenance scheduling and PM currency and communicate maintenance performance deficiencies with appropriate field management. Will identify and move all trucks designated for disposal from the active fleet; monitor daily inventory requirements, transfer service performance, cost and driver quality.
Responsibilities and essential job functions included by are not limited to:
- Oversees the profitable and productive use of inventory within territory by ensuring all reservations are covered on a daily basis.
- Assess market demographics. Identify under penetrated markets and Dealers. Communicate market findings with appropriate functional areas, and recommend and implement action plans to improve penetration.
- Day to day management of all data buckets (this includes but is not limited to open transfers, idle vehicles and shop units).
- Monitor daily inventory requirements. Schedule and prioritize daily runs to fulfill reservations, and communicate placement of reservations. Monitor transfer service performance and driver quality. Identify and move all trucks designated for disposal from the active fleet.
- Administer process of retrieving trucks and making sure they are towed to correct facilities for recalls, rebranding or sale/trade.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 1 year of customer service or retail experience or Associates Degree plus 2 years of supervisory experience and 1 year of customer service or High School Diploma plus 2 years of supervisor experience and 2 years of customer service experience
The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Retail, customer service and/or fleet reservation related experience is a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment
- Strong problem-solving, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills including Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends
- Strong communication skills, and the ability build relationship and rapport with others to deliver results and interact positively and professionally with all levels internally and externally
- Strong customer service skills along with a strong responsiveness to customer needs both internal and external.
We provide excellent on the job training, advancement opportunities, competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and a 401 (K) plan. If you want to “Make the Better Move” in your career please apply online today!
Avis Budget Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a car rental...