Inventory Manager |
Cablevision Media Sales
Bus Ops, Intel, Dev & Strategy
NY / New York
Cablevision Media Sales Inventory Manager
OPERATIONAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Inventory Manager is responsible for helping the Pricing & Planning team manage the work flow process of selling TV spot advertising to advertisers. Responsibilities include: Rate Card management and pricing, reviews proposals to ensure pricing, clearing inventory and helping manage audience liability. Also includes ad hoc reporting including sellouts, average unit rates, CPMs, and CPPs. Support and manage all planning and pricing functions for all inventory for NY Interconnect, Local and News12 sales organizations.
Vice President of Pricing & Planning
Currently manages an inventory analyst.
Key Non-Reporting Relationships:
Works closely with Sales Management for NY Interconnect, Local and News12 as well as Research and Traffic departments.
Key contact Description/Purpose
1. SVP & VPs of Sales Provide weekly reports and ad hoc analysis
2. Directors of Pricing & Planning Support their activities
3. Inventory Analyst Manage their activities
4. AEs/Sales Assts Review proposals
5. Research Investigate delivery issues
6. Traffic Resolve inventory issues
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
Reviews proposals to ensure optimal pricing and use of inventory and audience liability
Direct and manage all re-expressions and oversells and daily reconciliation of product conflict issues
Smooth inventory within the quarter as required to create sales opportunities
Manage inventory reserves to meet audience deficiency under delivery as well as maximize inventory usage for revenue potential
Create special packaging of inventory to achieve and exceed stated revenue budget goals
Creation of periodic revenue models for pricing of remainder inventory
Assess ongoing systems, procedures and protocols in the sales process
Preparation of weekly sales pacing report and revenue forecasting
Allocate inventory reserves for Direct Response
Ad Hoc Reporting as required
Manage and price over $250 million in advertising inventory. Manage liability to 1% of revenue.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
1. Financial metric(s): Support Sales so that they meet or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual budgets
a. Increase Average Units Rates by optimizing supply and demand
b. Manage sellout levels across all networks for all businesses
c. Assist DR Account Executive to increase yield
2. Operating metric(s):
a. Package inventory with competitive pricing to drive demand
b. Manage Rate Card Manager in Strata
Number of employees reporting directly to this position 1
Number of employees reporting indirectly to this position 5
1. Management Skills 2-3 year in Pricing and Planning with working knowledge of inventory management, traffic systems, ad sales workflow process. Ability to develop strong relationships with other departments
a) Ability to partner with multiple departments including sales, traffic and research.
b) Establish and follow/adhere to procedures and protocols for ad sales work flow
2. Technical/Functional Competencies Data analytics is a primary job function as well as being a Excel/Pivot Table ninja. Data mining is a critical component of the position. Familiarity with traffic/planning systems is very important.
a) Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
b) Strong media math skill set
c) Familiarity with Cognos/Data Structures/Data Mining/SQL
3. Key Experiences/Achievements Minimum three years experience in media sales environment. Preferred experience in Pricing & Planning. Proven understanding of Ad Sales Planning work flow process.
a) Bachelor’s Degree
b) Superior communication skills
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 20 months ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...