The Inventory Manager is responsible for complete oversight and management of all aspects of inventory for assigned locations to optimize investment while providing high level of service to customers. This includes but not limited to set-up, determining and maintaining stocking levels, and reduction of excess and inactive. |
· Monitors and adjust ORP/EOQ levels and make appropriate stocking decisions.
· Standardizes and maintains inventory attributes for purchasing & inventory systems and databases.
· Monitors and utilizes reports, inventory applications and processes to achieve and exceed expectations of fill rate and on-time delivery objectives.
· Creates, implements and executes inventory optimization plans and programs to achieve working capital objectives for asset management.
· Rationalizes and standardizes the supplier base within the assigned locations to increase preferred supplier utilization to increase purchasing leverage.
· Reviews On-Time Delivery, Supplier Fill Rate and Error reports to evaluate supplier performance. Works to obtain improved performance from suppliers as warranted.
· Rationalize and standardize the supplier base within assigned locations to increase DC Utilization.
· Using reports, applications, and programs to monitor and maintain stocking levels, make stocking decisions based on sales history or customer requirements, conduct branch shuffles or supplier returns of excess and/or inactive inventory and disposal of inactive inventory through established procedures and policies minimize inventory write-offs.
· Assists in the recruitment, selection, training/coaching of personnel. Develop and train employees in activities related to job function requirements, which include the purchasing procedures, PC knowledge, quality system, etc. Provide strong leadership to all personnel to meet and exceed performance objectives and encourage professional development at all levels to ensure future growth and reduce turnover. The position involves the ability to explain and in selected areas teach appropriate policies, procedures and associated practices.
· Ensures compliance with WESCO standard policies, procedures, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and quality control processes. Understand and support LEAN programs ISO standards and support WESCO procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, corrective and preventative action, and control of quality records.
Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of commonly used purchasing and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Strong interpersonal skills to demonstrate teamwork, leadership and flexibility while working with all levels of the organization.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion.
· Proficient in using PC based systems, programs and reports.
· Good mathematical and analytical abilities.
· Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and find create solutions
· Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others
· Ability to explain and teach policies, procedures and practices
Bachelors Degree or related experience
Minimum of 3-5 years with increasing responsibility in Inventory Management.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
Wesco International - 11 months ago