The Inventory Manager is responsible for inventory management including decisions on inventory levels, inventory accuracy, decisions to use kanban or safety stock, physical inventory, inventory disposition, and inventory management projects. In addition the position will lead kanbans across the entire supply chain as well as be able to teach customers and suppliers how to execute kanbans. The Inventory Manager will work on lean and “Perfect Execution” projects that lead to improved inventory levels and inventory turns.
· Establish and improve inventory control processes and procedures on the production floor, including maintenance of cycle counts.
· Lead local physical inventory program.
· Lead the cycle count program and drive improvements of inventory accuracy.
· Responsible for managing inventory programs including ABCD analysis of raw inventory, WIP management, and other programs to improve inventory levels.
· Develop appropriate inventory levels for parts and finished goods.
· Develop metrics to monitor inventory levels and metrics for delivery performance of kanban finished goods.
· Responsible for training internal and external users on kanban execution and auditing the internal and supplier kanban execution
· Audit internal and external kanban process to determine opportunities for improvement
· Monitor and verify financial adjustments to inventory as required.
Education / Experience / Language skills required:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Business w/ Operations concentration, or other applicable degree
· Minimum 5+ years of materials or supply chain experience in manufacturing setting
· APICS Certification a plus
· MRP and kanban experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Technical writing and communication skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills
· Superior communication abilities with interactions with suppliers in other countries
· Able to work effectively with all levels of organization
· Able to work with minimum supervision
Tools & Technology:
· Microsoft Office including MS Project
· Oracle experience a plus
· JD Edwards
· Statistical software experience a plus
Additional Company Information
As part of the Emerson Process Management group of companies and its $24 billion parent company, Emerson, Daniel Measurement and Control is the leading brand in the fiscal flow and energy measurements products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry.
With over 80 years in operation, Daniel has earned its reputation as the oil and gas custody transfer and fiscal flow measurement expert. Customers around the world trust and depend on Daniel's expertise, equipment, services and solutions to reduce their oil and gas measurement uncertainty and deliver fair and accurate billing.
Daniel Measurement and Control is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome diversity in our employees and do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability or veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...