As an Inventory Manager, your essential job functions will include the following:
Manage Vendor Performance
• Effective management of inventory for specific suppliers.
• Achieve supplier inventory turns and in-stock goals.
• Prepare and conduct Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment meetings.
• Develop monthly purchase forecasts and collaborate with suppliers to ensure production supports projected demand.
• Monitor and ensure new and future fitment availability.
• Review/ensure port program availability/execution.
• Manage phase in/phase out execution.
• Identify projected supply gaps and implement solutions to protect future availability.
• Manage supplier reserve strategy.
• Escalate supplier back order issues.
• Recommend and execute forward buy opportunities.
• Schedule and attend relationship building events.
• Gather vendor and industry intelligence and share mutually beneficial information with internal stakeholders.
• Develop vendor operational strategy and ensure execution of set strategy.
Manage Key Processes to Support Inventory Strategies
• Determine and execute appropriate safety stock and replenishment strategies.
• Review and adjust sales forecasts.
• Manage the inventory transfer process.
• Manage Slow Moving and Obsolete inventory processes.
• Analyze in-stock position, and take appropriate corrective actions.
• Develop and execute Supplier Inventory plan.
• Communicate impact of inventory management execution to stakeholders as necessary.
• Perform ad hoc reporting and project management as assigned.
• Determine staffing needs, interview potential candidates, and make recommendations on individual hires.
• Recruit and interview potential candidates.
• Communicate expectations/strategic vision to team members.
• Direct team members daily activities.
• Monitor performance, conduct annual performance evaluation of each team member and recommend appropriate action such as compensation changes, promotions, counseling and termination.
• Motivate, coach, train, counsel and provide career development for each team member.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Inventory Management, Purchasing, Operations, or Business related field, MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a purchasing and replenishment role required.
• Experience in a multi-warehouse national distribution network.
• Deep understanding and hands-on experience in the following areas: MRP, DRP, S & OP Processes, Forecasting, Production/Inventory Planning and Scheduling, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
• Ability to work as a team player towards mutual goals.
• Demonstrates good interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving, negotiating and time management skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and Access at intermediate level, advanced preferred.
• Results Orientation
• Customer Focus
• Provide Direction
• Understand Data
• Recognize Implications
• Decide Promptly
• Manage Resources
Physical job requirements
• Continuous viewing from and inputting data to a computer screen.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Travel as necessary,
Dealer Tire - 8 months ago
Dealer Tire is an international tire, maintenance and light-repair product distributor that partners with automobile manufacturers including...