A large wholesale distributor with several warehouse locations across New York State is currently conducting a confidential search for an experienced, organized, and energetic individual to work closely with sales and operations personnel to manage inventory at multiple locations by meeting sales objectives, minimizing product waste, increasing inventory turns, and reducing the number of days-on-hand.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures to maintain and ensure inventory levels appropriate for meeting business plan and minimizing costs due to inventory control issues.
- Builds strong internal, cross functional communication network for effective collaboration and knowledge transfer.
- Coordinates inventory levels to be in alignment with forecasts.
- Maintains an awareness of physical inventory in warehouse and is key point of contact for information on inventory on hand.
- Key organizational point person for procurement of product and communications with suppliers.
- Develops a process for measuring, improving and communicating inventory turns.
- Ensures the appropriate individuals are kept apprised of important inventory issues through initiating communications via meetings, reporting, telephone calls, and e-mail.
- Analyzes poor product rotation and reasons for out dated product. Addresses with corrective and preventative action.
- Investigates and resolves inventory variances.
- Works with accounting and finance staff to ensure accurate inventory levels and develops forecasts.
- Provides internal reports and other tasks as requested by management.
A four-year degree in a business operations field; or 5 or more years related experience in warehousing or inventory supervision and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CSM Certification from Institute for Supply Management preferred, but not required. Must understand the process of distribution and have knowledge of the basic principles of inventory management and supply chain strategies. Inventory experience with cycling products that have a shelf-life is preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, leadership, computer skills.
This position is full-time with a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Inventory Manager will be based out of the Albany, New York area and will be required to travel to all locations as needed (approximately 25% to 50% of scheduled work time).
For confidential consideration please e-mail your resume.