GTM Sportswear is looking for an Inventory Manager to join the Supply Team. The Inventory Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Supply Chain to ensure GTM and vendor products are on-time. The role is interdisciplinary, spanning logistics, purchasing, manufacturing, inventory management, with continuous interaction with other supply chain departments, sales, and marketing. The Inventory Manager reviews existing procedures and examines opportunities to streamline production, purchasing, and financial forecasting to meet the company’s needs. The job involves developing strategies to align inventory with sales needs in order to improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with the Director of Supply Chain and other supply chain departments to ensure that inventory policies and practices align with supplier relations and logistics objectives.
- Develops solutions and drives implementation across and through functional areas to vendor organizations and supply chain partners.
- Manages and maintains critical dates in the (1) forecasting, (2) planning and (3) purchasing process to meet GTM calendar requirements.
- Manages continuous, clear, and concise communication and reporting to the President, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, and Production for product and service timelines as related to inventory availability and planning.
- Provides daily coaching with teams and administers individualized and group training programs for staff.
- Supervises Associates Assigned within the Inventory Management Function including monitoring and mentoring:
- Associates by providing and coordinating personal development experience and job skills training.
- Newly hired Associate or transfers complete position specific training and development plan.
- Conducts evaluations with employees as well as follow-up on discipline of employees within the Department.
- Reviews inventory levels continuously and considers budgetary implications.
- Supervises the Domestic Purchasing team and all activities related to the procurement and management of supplier goods.
- Develops and maintains executive level relationships with key import and domestic suppliers.
- Manages negotiations with suppliers involving domestic purchasing to ensure best pricing, delivery, freight, and product.
- Plans, maintains, and executes assortment planning that pertains to SKU count and development.
- Researches, develops, executes, and implements liquidation strategies and plans.
- Delegates and oversees completion of core tasks critical to future initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred, or relevant coursework.
- MBA optional.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in production, merchandising, development or a manufacturing environment, preferably in garment industry or related soft goods industry. Classic Replenishment, Lean Manufacturing, and forecasting/ demand planning experience a plus.
- 5 years of experience directly related to managing others, sourcing, costing processes, and forecasting sales and markdowns is desired.
- Knowledge of distribution center operations, transportation, supplier operations, operations management, cost-benefit analysis, process improvement, and logistics strategy preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, SharePoint), experience in Imagine, PLM, and Demand solutions a plus.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity, good reasoning abilities, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision highly self-motivated.
- Resourceful and well organized, works well under pressure, able to multi-task.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with individuals outside the United States preferred.
GTM Sportswear - 15 months ago