Use your leadership and knowledge of strategic inventory management to maximize results. The Inventory Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction, managing key relationships and leading and developing the Inventory Management team while partnering with Product Managers, Merchandise Planners, District Mangers and Space Management team.
- Essential Functions:
- You will be the expert at a division level and impact the bottom line across all channels
- Lead and develop the Inventory team in all activities including forecasting, replenishment, allocation, promotional and seasonal execution and resource management
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of company strategies to optimize inventory levels and drive profitable sales
- Function as a role model for Gander Mountain and reinforce cohesiveness and teamwork.
- Provide strategic direction by analyzing and interpreting data to identify and drive sales opportunities.
- Partner with Product Managers and Planners in assessing and determining assortment and financial goals
- Manage the inventory planning process for new stores, store remodels, advertising and events
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal and external partners to ensure that vendors understand critical requirements and expectations.
1. Complete other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in Inventory Management, Merchandise Planning, Forecasting, Replenishment and Allocation in a retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop teams, lead others, build relationships and influence decisions.
- Strong financial management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change with ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Effective and practical written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and serve as an active team member.
- Effective time management skills and a proven ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Understanding of apparel, footwear and hardlines preferred
Gander Mountain - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Gander Mountain has got the gear to get you out of the office and up the mountain. The company operates nearly 120 outdoor sporting goods...