Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the U.S., Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; State, Local and Foreign Governments; and private companies both international and domestic. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world. We are currently seeking an Inventory Manager to join our team.
This position will be located in Norfolk, Virginia and will manage and track parts inventory for the fleet of dredges and attendant plant. The Inventory Manager is also responsible for assisting the Yard Manager with Norfolk area yards management.
- Manage and track complete vessel part inventories at our Eastern Branch Warehouse facility
- Arrange shipment and transfer of inventory to and from vessels
- Develop minimum and maximum part levels in cooperation with Operations and Equipment personnel and coordinate re-ordering of inventory with the Purchasing Department
- Supervision of the yards in the absence of the Yard Manager
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of past inventory experience
- Familiar with the maritime industry
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Highly organized self-starter who is driven to achieve results
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting. Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants' 401(k) accounts based on company's annual performance
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock - 16 months ago