The Inventory Manager is responsible for planning, directing, controlling, and evaluating all or most inventory planning and control activities.
- Manages inventory replenishment based on production schedules, current inventory, customer orders, and forecasts
- Ensures accurate and current inventory records
- Conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems
- Develops and implements inventory control procedures
- Coordinates and manages daily physical cycle counts
- Trains and manages an inventory team
- Directly supervises employees in Inventory Control including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 4 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be PC literate and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence , and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
OHL - 18 months ago
OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and...