Inventory Control Manager
As the Ritchie County Inventory Manager, you will manage the daily inventory activities in Ritchie County and the Parkersburg warehouse/distribution center to ensure the flow of materials as required. This includes receiving, material movement and maintenance of the items and sites within the Great Plains program as required. You will adhere to and support the counties EHS standards and regulations. The Inventory Manager must ensure that all inventory assignments are in SOX compliance. The Inventory Manager must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with production, quality, purchasing, logistics and accounting and other departments as required.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Adhere to all safety requirements as well as the promotion, involvement in and enforcement of all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
- Provide leadership to the inventory staff and other personnel by ensuring employees have a clear understanding of the inventory policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain departmental budgets.
- Monitor and change as required the timekeeping program for all inventory employees.
- Assist management and supervision in providing data required to accommodate production needs.
- Perform daily audits and sign offs of all cycle count batches, adjustments, transfers and other transactions.
- Diagnose inventory discrepancies; determine root cause and error proof when possible.
- Review obsolesces, no moving and slow moving inventories for possible disposal on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure receipts of materials are processed promptly.
- Communicate stock shortages/outages to required departments.
- Maintain the inventory DMR system and audit defective material returns for credits from vendors.
- Ensure alignment of data collection and analysis with inventory carrying cost objectives meets the company’s established criteria.
- Oversee the control and maintenance of proper shipping documentation of all outbound freight shipments.
- Perform month end inventories and full physical year end inventories.
- Approve ReqLogic orders as required.
- Other duties as requested and required.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes & characteristics:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strategic Thinking: Understand, develop and implement the Simonton strategic vision.
- Personal Effectiveness: Apply personal strengths and seek opportunities for development. Recognize personal limitations and actively work to continuously improve self.
- Execute the Work: Produce or support achievement of business results through effective implementation of assigned job responsibilities.
- Build and Lead Effective Organizations: Work effectively with others to create teams that collaboratively and constructively produce outstanding business results.
- Communicate with Others: Communicate effectively with others to achieve business results using a variety of methods.
- Build and Maintain Business Relationships: Establish and maintain business relationships with internal or external customers.
- Achieve Profitability: Meet or exceed financial goals consistently. Act as a Simonton business owner through practicing fiscal responsibility.
- Leverage Expertise: Develop and utilize expertise in areas related to your position and the corporate strategy.
- Leadership Capability: A natural, unforced ability to inspire people to give their utmost toward a group objective.
- Ability to Manage Change: The ability to create in others the willingness to embrace and drive change
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and supporting documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to supervisor associates at multiple locations
Simonton Windows is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Prior experience in Inventory Control strongly desired
- Previous supervisory experience
Celebrating its 65 th year of quality manufacturing operations in 2011, Simonton Windows produces ENERGY STAR® qualified replacement and new construction windows and doors, including a line of impact-resistant products. Simonton ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Windows and Doors, Two Years in a Row” in the J.D. Power and Associates 2010-2011 Windows and Patio Doors Satisfaction Studies SM .
Simonton was also ranked #1 in quality in the 2009, 2007, 2002 and 1998 Brand Use Studies sponsored by Builder magazine and has won three Best In Class Awards administered by LBM Journal Research Institute.
Founded in 1946, Simonton’s hallmark has been to deliver the industry’s shortest, most dependable lead-times. Part of Fortune Brand Home & Security (NYSE: FBHS), Simonton delivers award-recognized products nationwide to key markets throughout the 48 continental United States. Simonton is a founding sponsor of The Weather Museum and a supporter of Homes for Our Troops. For information, call (800) SIMONTON (1-800-746-6686) or visit www.simonton.com .
Simonton Windows - 22 months ago