Leads the forecasting acquisition, storing, and internal distribution of all inventory within the Area, coordinate, and direct the activities of employees engaged in inventory control. Ensure all functions effecting inventory, including work orders, accounts payable, and purchase order activities are conducted accurately and timely according to company policy and procedures.
- Coordinate supply chain efforts by planning, controlling and tracking inventory.
- Oversee and direct the processes and maintenance of inventory systems/Audits and management systems e.g., cycle counts, inventory control practices,
- Identify sources of cycle count variances and work with appropriate departments to correct.
- Manage the movement of inventory in order to improve inventory turns and forecast demands.
- Monitor inventory control practices to ensure compliance with company-defined procedures.
- Identify and reconcile inventory adjustments resulting from cycle counts that exceed established parameters.
- Replenish inventory as required by production schedules and/or customer orders while minimizing inventory and carrying cost.
- Measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and propose changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Analyze and address inventory issues, based on all related inventory and distribution reports.
- Develop and publish KPI’s as required for all inventory related metrics including: inventory balance, prices, shortages, turns and stock levels.
- Develop effective utilization of inventory orientation and storage that generates efficiency of inventory transactions.
- Evaluate employee performance and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action using company guidelines.
- Train and develop the inventory staff on inventory systems, procedures and practices.
- Monitor inventory cost.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Knowledge of inventory and cycle count procedures
Minimum of 3-5 years managerial experience
Ability to coach and manage a functional team of inventory specialist
APICS Certification strongly preferred
Degree in Business or Supply Chain preferred but not required
Skilled in data entry, and use of bar code reader and calculator
Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel)
Must be able to perform comprehensive analysis and reasoning
Attention to detail
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...