Inventory Material Specialist III in GAC Savannah
SAP Experience strongly preferred, knowledge of Distribution Center operation strongly preferred & production control experience preferred.
Successful candidate will be multi-skilled at all warehouse operations and will be able to utilize previous experience of one or more of the following program start-up / SAP knowledge / Initial phase manufacturing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School graduate/GED. Inspector qualified with Q, PQ/RI and CD stamps, if applicable. Ability to obtain and keep stamp qualifications current. Ability to comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.Five (5) years experience in in materials, shipping, receiving, warehouse or stockroom operations. Requires PC experience and knowledge of automated material inventory systems.
Under limited supervision, perform a variety of activities within the warehouse process to include: verifying material for condition and ensuring receipts comply with corporate requirements, distributing material to using departments, and performing all inventory functions within materials operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Unload freight from delivering carriers, operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required; verify carrier waybill against material received.
2. Ensure freight is moved to correct locations using the warehouse management system. Check incoming freight for mishandling and damage; describe and note damages on carrier waybills.
3. Interpret route cards to ensure accurate disbursement of materials.
4. Responsible for the allocating and issuing of material using picklist or various pull processes. Ensure pulling and timely delivery of material to meet productions schedules.
5. Place unplanned demand orders within appropriate system for picking of material and expedite to using department.
6. Move material from one staging/stocking location to another using appropriate inventory transactions.
7. Verify accuracy of purchase parts, Mexicali, Loans/DMTs and manufacturing orders receipts (parts, quantities, certification, and material condition). Input receipt data accurately into local information system.
8. Process stock transfers from one plant to another with accuracy.
9. Unload, load and move engines as required: uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.
10. Ensure proper shipping requirements are met and other employees are following shipping procedures.
11. Responsible for packaging and timely shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other GAC items being shipped to customer or supplier to meet GAC needs.
12. Ensure all DOT, customs and carrier regulations are followed.
13. Separate material for delivery to using departments or transportation.
14. Expedite hot freight to using departments; ensure freight is delivered in a timely manner.
15. Generate parts identification tags as required (8130-3, 307 tags, etc.).
16. Train other employees on inventory systems and operation procedures.
17. Work independently and as a team on all warehouse functions.
18. Ensure housekeeping in work area and responsible for part/aisle accuracy.
19. Comply with all company safety regulations.
20. Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities. Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.
1. Perform saw shear functions or outside material processing inspection as required.
2. May perform ADC material processing inspection and work with outside suppliers on vendor processes.
3. Meet department accuracy and production requirements.
4. Demonstrate the ability in handling responsibility of assigned tasks with no supervision.
5. Assist lead in area operation improvements.
6. Perform other duties as required.
1. On feet most of shift and must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
2. Requires ability to operate forklift and gas/electric powered carts.
3. Must possess written and verbal communication skills.
(in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 17525
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Full-time