AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Inventory Planner II is responsible for providing and maintaining sufficient inventory to support area of responsibility. The Inventory Planner II may also develop and maintain production schedules. A primary function will be to work with GPO customers and Corporate Purchasing to identify, develop, monitor, and control resources to meet goals and objectives
Manage inventory forecasts using production schedules.
For Materials Administration only:
- Determine raw material or commodity/code needs and proper inventory levels
- Communicate with all functional areas to ensure that material needs are met (Receiving, Quality, Labs, Purchasing, Transportation, Manufacturing, Finishing, and MS&T)
- Communicate significant changes in forecast volumes that may require changes in purchasing strategy.
- Communicate with test labs and quality assurance, where applicable to establish and track delivery dates for raw materials or manufactured products on test.
- Establish performance reports to monitor, measure and address control, where necessary, of supplier performance to assure timely and quality performance of supplier.
- Prepare monthly inventory reports to summarize current rejected, obsolete, and surplus commodities, DOH, working inventory, and total inventory.
- Support yearly material standards setting process with Purchasing.
- Identify rejected, surplus, and obsolete items. Where possible, initiate actions plans to utilize/dispose of these items by transferring them to other divisions/plants, returning non conforming material to the vendor, or determining other solutions to utilize or sell material before disposal. Manage timely disposition of obsolete and rejected materials within financial guidelines.
Accountability / Scope:
- Manage certain special transactions (e.g. Gasboy, cylinders, freight) that require monthly charge outs. Deliver timely information to the designated finance person and oversee the accuracy of charge outs to departments. Manage customer inquiries regarding these charge outs, maintain and provide back up documentation to customers as required to support charge information.
The Inventory Planner II is expected to maintain service levels by supporting plant operations throughput while minimizing inventory investments. The Inventory Planner II will make decisions regarding inventory levels, procurement strategies, cost saving programs, and analyze vendor performance (where applicable) with minimal supervision from management. Failure to meet service level expectations may result in equipment
shutdown and lost production.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
The planner must effectively relate to business disciplines both within the division and outside of the division and at various levels.
Candidates must be able to read and understand Abbott, GPO and departmental policies and procedures. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with customers using verbal and written skills. APICS or other certifications a plus.
The Inventory Planner II should have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and software skills that may include ATLAS, COGNOS, and/or other systems. Other skills that are required for the position include: analytical skills related to cost and inventory optimization, problem solving skills and excellent customer service.
Materials Management/Operations experience: 1-2 years
Purchasing/Maintenance experience: 1-2 years
Total combined minimum years of experience: 2 years
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
SUPPLY CHAIN & MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories.Together with its...