The Inventory Specialist (IS), as part of ManTech’s Integrated Logistics Support & Services (ILSS) contract, is primarily responsible for inventorying, segregating, storing, securing and turning in equipment for the one or more of the following programs: Left Behind Equipment (LBE), Pre-Deployment Training Equipment (PDTE). The IS will perform duties involving request, receipt, storage, issue, accountability and preservation of organizational and installation equipment. He/she will ensure serial and registration numbers and quantities for all equipment are accurately recorded and the equipment load plans are developed to facilitate locating individual items quickly. The inventory process includes equipment inventory layout, component list inventories, sub hand receipt and shortage annex procedures, repositioning equipment and equipment “re-issue” procedures; additional responsibilities include receiving, storing, and issuing organization and installation supplies and equipment.
The duties under this job title are described in the Service Contract Act (SCA), Directory of Occupations. (See Code: 21410 – Warehouse Specialist).
• Inventory LBE and/or PDTE utilizing appropriate Technical Manual (TM) or Supply Catalog (SC) and annotate shortage annexes when Components of the End Item (COEI), Basic Issue Items (BII), and Additional Authorized Items (AAI) are missing.
• Visually check the condition of all items and report damage to the Contract Hand Receipt Holder (CHRH).
• Identify and report all items with a security classification to the CHRH.
• Segregate, load, unload, store, LBE and/or PDTE and ensure the equipment is accurately labeled, recorded and secured.
• Safeguard equipment through the proper utilization of key control and property storage Standing Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Prepare and use load plans to assist in equipment inventories and the unit re-issue process.
• Assist in preparation of all unit/organizational supply documents (Automated or Manual).
• Assist in maintenance of automated/manual supply system to account for organizational and installation supplies and equipment.
• Ensure all ammunition, hazardous materials, and shelf life items are not inducted into the LBE and/or PDTE program.
• Perform inventory management, storage and equipment preservation.
• Prepare equipment and documentation for lateral transfers, temporary loans, and turn-ins in accordance with directives.
• Load, unload and move stock and equipment using material handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and hand trucks.
• Complete and verify documentation on incoming and outgoing equipment; inspect completed work for accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
• Assist with annual, cyclic and quarterly sensitive and non-sensitive item inventories as scheduled by the CHRH.
Requires High School diploma or equivalent and one to two years of related experience.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and ideally will have completed prerequisite training for Army Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 92Y1O, Unit Supply Specialist or have equivalent training. Candidate must possess knowledge of standardized supply regulations (AR 735-5 & DA Pam 710-2-1 Unit Supply System), policies, procedures or other written or verbal instructions relating to receipt and/or issue of stock or property items and should possess the ability to perform a range of clerical assignments and resolve recurring problems. The individual should be an expert regarding equipment inventories.
• Applicants selected must ultimately possess a favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or superior investigation conducted by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). This will require the completion of a SF 85P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions and two FD 258s, Fingerprint Cards.
• Candidate must possess a driver’s license valid to operate vehicles in the state at which he/she is employed.
• Candidate must be able to perform temporary duty at other locations for specified periods of time.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience
01-02 years w/High School Diploma
ManTech Int'l Corp. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard