At the Vitamin Shoppe, Every Body Matters! We are dedicated to inspiring health and wellness one life at a time.
Our goal is to inspire you to take control of your health. We provide products, knowledge and motivation to help you live your healthiest life. We believe that every body matters. These words are more than our tagline; they’re our reason for being. For us, it’s not just about the vitamins; it’s about the individual lives that we touch every day. We believe in giving personal attention and doing all we can to help you achieve your unique goals. Our associates (we call them health enthusiasts) are eager – and very highly trained – to help you find what you need, and ensure that you have an exceptional experience every time you visit the Vitamin Shoppe.
Come be a part of something great and join our family of Health Enthusiasts!
Job Summary :
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for the management and replenishment of inventory to meet or exceed sales, margin, inventory turn and service objectives. Primary responsibilities include item setup in JDA to generate accurate vendor POs and store replenishment, vendor follow up for late POs and receiving exceptions and taking corrective action to resolve vendor or system issues identified through exception reporting.
Essential Functions :
- Implement the inventory tactics to support assortment and merchandise plans while achieving service level and inventory turn targets.
- Manage the inventory levels for product categories through analysis of trends, exceptions, rate of sale, minimum order quantities and minimum presentation quantities.
- Execute allocation decisions through the lowest reasonable level of the business, which will most directly impact sales and margin.
- Ensure that the stores are kept in stock to support their ability to sell merchandise. Pro-actively manage in-stock per available reporting and system information. React promptly to unanticipated trends in the business.
- Identify and take corrective action to overcome warehouse backorders or short-stock positions.
- Execute replenishment plan for promotional items to ensure in-stocks at the store and minimize inventory risk post-promotion.
- Understand the JDA system and how to properly set replenishment parameters for both the DC and both new and existing stores.
- Review and manage system and report generated exceptions, such as late POs and receiving exceptions.
- Review SKU forecasts and adjust according to demand and seasonality. Drive vendor efficiencies through collaborative forecasting.
- Work with Vendors to drive Shipment, Lead Time, EDI and Invoicing Compliance
- Create an environment for the Inventory organization that is stimulating, challenging and fun, while providing an arena for education and financial growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail or related field or equivalent experience.
- Will consider High School Diploma / GED and equivalent combination of intellectual instruction and work experience in lieu of College Degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of retail math.
- Knowledge of vendor sources, products, and purchasing procedures.
Skill and Ability:
- 1-3 years in Planning, Allocation or Replenishment; Retail and/or specialty retail experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Able to coordinate well with other departments.
The Vitamin Shoppe - 12 months ago
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...