This position is also being announced under the Agency's Merit Promotion Plan to federal employees and non-competitive appointment eligibles. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or Non-Competitive procedures, you MUST apply under the Merit Promotion announcement 13-131-PSF-MP.
As an Investigations Case Analyst in OPM's Federal Investigative Services, you will review, evaluate and analyze investigations by Federal and Contract Investigators to ensure they conform to OPM requirements and are compliant with laws, regulations, Executive Orders, guidelines, and policies.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Review and evaluate BI and non-BI type cases to ensure they meet coverage requirements and are in compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Review Reports of Investigation (ROIs) to determine if the investigation meets published criteria.
- Provide written analysis of the quality of reports to use in the oversight and evaluation of the investigation program.
- Identify deficiencies in BI and non-BI type cases and initiate follow-up action.
- Assist with the maintenance of the International Program by ensuring the completeness of coverage, quality of reports and timely completion of overseas investigations.
Related experience such as: assisting with the maintenance of an investigative program reviewing investigative forms and reports for completeness, accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations; reviewing supporting information (documentary evidence, affidavits, testimony, etc.) to identify discrepancies, inconsistencies, and areas potentially requiring clarification or additional investigation.
successfully completed one of the following: (a) all of the requirements for an LL.B., J.D., or masters or equivalent degree with major field of study in law enforcement, criminology , law, or a related field that demonstrates the competencies necessary to do this work; or (b) two full years of graduate-level education with major field of study in law enforcement, criminology, law, or a related field;
a combination of experience and education that meets the minimum qualification requirements.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application package must support your answers to the occupational questionnaire. If your answers cannot be verified, your rating will be changed to an appropriate level.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Attention to Detail
- Oral Communication
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package this link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
OPM continues to manage the certification process for SES pay systems and has seen marked improvements in agency implementation of...