At the Virginia Lottery, we work hard and play even harder. Since Virginians will make a game out of anything, our job is to create excitement, encourage friendly competition and support Virginians' love of games. And not just our games, but all games.
For almost 25 years we've been working and playing together, building an amazing organization committed to growing and giving back - and having fun while doing it. Operating entirely on revenue from game sales, rather than tax dollars, the Virginia Lottery generates approximately $1.2 million per day for Virginia's K-12 public schools.
Are you a strong team player with experience exercising risk analysis principles, delivering superior customer service and working in a forward-looking organization? If so, we have an exciting career opportunity for you! The Virginia Lottery, an independent state agency, is seeking an Investigative Analyst to join its Investigations team.
The Investigative Analyst will serve as subject-matter expert on the Security Case Management System and the primary case intake official for requests for security service. The ideal candidate will have experience generating statistical and managerial reports to aid in investigations.
This role will be responsible for identifying and alerting management to emerging trends, training end users, and exercising risk analysis principles in helping to regulate Lottery retailers. The Investigative Analyst will serve as a liaison with the Technology department to build, test, and implement system enhancements. This position requires the capability to interact with multiple levels of stakeholders; the ability to make business decisions that are consistent with Lottery statutes, regulations, and rules; and the ability to research and generate data in support of investigative activities.
The person selected for this newly created role will have:
- Proficiency in using tools, technology, databases, and applications to extract, compile, and report data
- High integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive material
- Ability to research and analyze information, summarize facts, reach rational and consistent conclusions, and produce accurate and detailed work products
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with multi-functional teams and be willing to take initiative
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability and good judgment
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in a related field
- At least two years experience working in an investigative, compliance, or regulatory environment
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Lottery laws, regulations, and policies
The selected candidate must be able to pass a rigorous background investigation.
The Virginia Lottery is an independent state agency, and as such all positions are exempt from the Virginia Personnel Act, as well as most Executive Branch human resources policies.