This position is also being announced under the Agency's Merit Promotion Plan to federal employees and non-competitive appointment eligibles. If you wish to be considered under Merit Promotion or Non-Competitive procedures, you MUST apply under the Merit Promotion announcement 13-116-SWA-MP.
As an Investigative Assistant in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Federal Investigative Services (FIS), the incumbent will perform a variety of technical and administrative duties in support of the program.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
Perform administrative duties to assist the Supervisory Investigator and operations of the office.
Conduct record checks.
Review a variety of records for suitability and personnel security purposes.
Prepare Reports of Investigation (ROI) summarizing information and stating pertinent facts.
Assist investigators who are conducting personnel background investigations for security clearance and/or suitability for employment.
Enter and track data in the Personnel Investigations Processing System.
GS-5: At least one year expericence equivalent to the GS-4 level in the Federal government. Clerical or technical experience that includes:
- organizing information, maintaining data base records (entering, searching for, retrieving, editing and deleting data) using word processing and basic spreadsheet software
- reviewing basic documents (employment applications, claims for benefits, loan applications, contracts, or investigive forms) for accuracy and completeness
- successfully completed four years of post-high-school education
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- have a combination of appropriate experience and education.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application package must support your answers to the occupational questionnaire. If your answers cannot be verified, your rating will be changed to an appropriate level.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
Attention to Detail
If you meet all of the basic and minimum qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package this link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
usajobs.gov - 23 months ago