Posting Job Title: Investigator, Security
Requisition #: 141939BR
Posting Location: Harlingen, TX, US
Area of Interest: Facilities/Security
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Investigator will be responsible for investigating instances of theft, fraud, improprieties and workplace safety violations of a proprietary and contingent workforce. The Investigator will conduct research and personal interviews in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations. The Investigator will analyze all necessary information and documents related to the investigation. They will act as a subject matter expert where applicable and will provide testimonials regarding the incident and the process and/or tools utilized to identify the subject (s) and/or loss. The Investigator will also represent the security operations department on various market and/or area level committees and working groups. Conducts briefings with departmental management, corporate management and law enforcement as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
50%- Applies in-depth knowledge to investigative
instances of theft, fraud, improprieties and workplace safety violations of a proprietary and contingent workforce
40%- Participates in workplace related support for other TWC functions i.e. Human Resources, Finance and Technical Operations
10%- Participates as security representation on various market and/or area level committees and working groups
- Knowledge of Federal, state or local regulations relevant to the company, i.e., PCI, CPNI, SOX, HIPAA, and data privacy affecting theft of cable service preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of the criminal justice, court system and private security regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills, as well as the ability to deal with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company
- Associates degree in area relevant to the security field or the equivalent of 7 years' combined experience conducting investigations in the military, local law enforcement or corporate security environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications required
- Understanding of the complexities of software and networking; how the systems work together required
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion required
- Ability to read and write in English and use arithmetic skills accurately to complete daily paperwork required; Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Preparation and documentation of investigations for hand off to Human Resources, legal counsel or law enforcement agencies with minimal supervision.
- Timely and accurate completion of investigative reports. Manage multiple types of investigations (Code of Conduct, Fraud, Compliance, Theft of Service, and Work Place Violence)
- Comprehensive understanding incident reporting and case management
-Knowledge and experience with evidence handling and case building for prosecution
- Training in interview/interrogation techniques
- Must be knowledgeable and work within the laws and statutes impacting methods used in successful investigations.
- Development and maintenance of professional working relationships with various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as single point of contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees, contractors or customers.
- Performance of surveillance activities as required; working "undercover" as needed performing "sting" operations and or controlled illegal equipment purchases.
- Experience with adjudication process for cable theft, identity theft and fraud
Required Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, etc., to perform the essential functions of this position:
- PCI (Professional Certified Investigator) - Preferred
Travel requirements and frequency:
-Up to 40% Travel with the ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification required.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.)
Communication Skill level:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
Materials and Equipment used:
- Standard Office Equipment (phone/copier/fax)
FCC Unit_TWC: 5675
Controlling Establishment ID: 00150 - Harlingen
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...