1. Perform several unannounced apartment inspections per day during routine business hours and evenings and weekends. This involves entering NYCHA apartments and searching all areas; interview occupants of apartment; prepare reports for inspections conducted.
2. Research and investigate criminal and incarceration histories; obtain arrest reports and photos.
3. Maintain accurate computer case records regarding inspections and criminal histories.
4. Follow-up on violations with NYCHA management.
5. Testify at hearings where violations were found.
6. Prepare reports and statistics as needed.
7. Serve court papers upon tenants as needed.
8. Perform other related duties.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization, and three years of satisfactory full-time
experience as an investigator evaluating credit worthiness, searching for assets, verifying information concerning education, experience, and other personal qualifications bearing upon character and fitness for employment; or performing investigations involving the research, compilation and/or location of evidence or information in order to build a case or uncover activities of a criminal, corrupt, unlawful or unethical nature; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full time experience as described in “1” above; or
3. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above.
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college.
2. Prior investigative, security, military or NYCHA experience.
3. Experience working as part of a team.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Research and report writing skills.
6. Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
Note: A valid NYS driver’s license and extensive knowledge of the five boroughs is required for this position.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR NYCHA EMPLOYEES:
NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
Click the "Apply Now" button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.
NYC Careers - 7 months ago
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)'s mission is to increase opportunities for low- and moderate-income New Yorkers by providing...