Pinkerton is looking for an experienced Investigator who is motivated and enthusiastic with a strong technical background to support the Client’s Global Security Investigation team. The Investigator will conduct investigations under the direction and supervision of the Pinkerton EMEA Vendor Investigations Manager. The role will be based in Western Europe or Central Eastern Europe with responsibility for investigating cases across the wider Europe, Middle-East and Africa region.
The Essential Functions Include:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Perform security related investigations as assigned
Conduct investigations that will involve the collection of information on:
Work place violence issues
Client Asset theft
Inappropriate access to Client facilities
Abuse of telecommunications systems
Supply Chain thefts
Violations of signed Non-Disclosure Agreements
Conduct interviews of subjects and witnesses involved in an investigation
Work well in a team setting and with other Client groups (Legal/HR)
Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Installation, review and maintenance of covert camera systems
Assist other internal investigative teams
Conduct investigations using internal tools and internal processes
Able to classify and differentiate criminal investigation elements
Perform analytical and metrics database work
Raise awareness across Western Europe and Central Eastern Europe to Client Global Security Investigation programs.
All cases involve the use of databases, keen investigative techniques, basic forensic/media analysis and evidence handling proficiencies. In addition, most cases require the ability to partner with other Client internal investigative groups and law enforcement agencies, when appropriate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must meet the country’s minimum age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background investigation.
Graduate and Post Graduate level education is preferred but a combination of investigations/analytical experience and education will be considered. A minimum of 5-8 years of experience required leading, conducting, and coordinating investigations. Investigative experience should include proven ability to manage large complex investigations such as: thefts, internal employee issues, computer related investigations and work place violence concerns.
Previous experience working with law enforcement agencies in the criminal prosecution process is highly desirable. Other experience which demonstrates transferrable skills to an investigative/analytical role, particularly in corporate or customer facing roles, will be considered. Experience working remotely with colleagues or customers across multiple countries and cultures is highly desirable. Preference will be given to multi-lingual candidates - native level written and spoken English, plus fluency in written and spoken French or one other Western European language.
- Strong project management and time management skills are essential.
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to communicate with and establish and manage effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple investigations concurrently.
- Self-reliant and robust, with demonstrable ability to work remotely from line management.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and complete cases/projects in a timely manner and in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Skilled in providing an executive level overview of cases, when requested.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality is mandatory.
- Strong computer investigation skills required.
- Knowledgeable of the use of relational databases and the Microsoft family of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, SQL, etc).
- Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check.
- Knowledge of computer forensic/recovery is desirable.
- Promote cooperation and resolution, be innovative and resourceful, problem solving and able to think strategically.
- 24X7 on-call availability and periodically able to work extended hours during an investigation.
- Willing and able to travel, work and be based across a number of European countries, as case requirements dictate.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Regular computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- May be required to use vehicle for performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking and reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- May require to lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Pinkerton - 4 months ago
Pinkerton traces its roots to 1850 when Allan Pinkerton founded the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. Today, Pinkerton offers...